18 October 2009

A wee little surprise, etc...

I was awake at 3:30 on Wednesday, the 14th of October in order to get to the airport in time for my 6:23 flight to Spokane, WA. (The hours between 2 and 4 should be ordained as unholy hours!) Four months have passed since I came to KBCC. I know a lot, and yet have so much I still want to learn!

But that aside, on Thursday, at 5:30 pm I came back to my home of 3 years and surprised everyone but Hannah. The reactions were as good as I had hoped... Brookie followed me around a for a few hours, staring and smiling, after she recovered from her initial wide-eyed shock. Hannah just looked so pleased with herself. It was wonderful to feel loved, I have really missed that.

We went dancing later that night, and it seems I have forgotten how to move my feet. But such is life, it was still fun. I am now just chillin' at The Rock, doing everyone's chores in exchange for room and board for the next 1.5 weeks, reading The Eye of the World, and generally just being lazy.

I had truffle shortbread and tea with Colleen and Jennifer, which was splendidful. Colleen ate with two forks... have I mentioned how very much I love my friends?

So yes, here for 1.5 weeks, then over to the Maui Bird Conservation Center for ~5 months (Lord willing). Please pray that I have Sundays off over there, because after going to church today, I realized that I really need fellowship to be healthy.

And I shall conclude with a quote that I love, and absolutely does not relate:

"...one morning long ago in the quiet of the world, when there was less noise and more green..." (from Tolkein's The Hobbit)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

*squee*

It was wonderful having you

I love love love love that quote and happen to think that it is in all ways related...

and still praying that you find some good friends over there...besides birds. Because as wonderful as birds are, I think you'll agree that they;re a bit wanting in the companionship department.

Guinevere said...

Yes, yes, dearie--I am with Brooke on, at least:), 2 things:
1) A lovely quote and related,
2) I am praying that, though you do not have Sundays off, you will find good Christian fellowship. And besides, maybe you can find something fellowshipful that happens on Wednesdays or Thursdays, yeah? Mayhaps. You can look, at any rate, and hope for the best?

Much, much love,
~jennifer