21 April 2010

I Don't Know

I'm coming to realize that I use that phrase waaaay to much. I actually do know... most of the time at least.

I've had an odd day.

I went to get my hair trimmed, because it's growing out haphazardly. It's now quite short again, but all a fairly even length so it shouldn't end up too much like a mop... or a mullet. The guy who cut my hair automatically assumed that Alana and I were a couple, and was kind of disappointed when we told him we're both straighter than a straightedge. Why is this? Why must people assume that I like girls simply because I have short hair? It's convenient in a time when everything else in my life is so wildly out of control! I like boys (talked to a very nice one today, as a matter of fact)! Is that so hard to believe in this mess of society we live in?!

So yes, that wasn't funny, that hurt a little... or a lot. I like my hair, but I'm growing it out, starting today.

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

:( I'm sorry. Just for the record, I love your hair either way, and you are beautiful, and the world is messed up. But God is good, always & forever.