05 January 2011

Here's To Having Aspirations

I've been meaning to post this for a couple days.... but oh well. Looking back at my resolutions from last year, I discovered that I only achieved one out of three: I got a stamp on my passport (woot! Go Canada!). I also resolved to complain less, which, all things considered, turned out alright. I did complain a lot in 2010, but not nearly as much as a could have... And, although I never wrote it down and only half-heartedly resolved to do it, 2010 was a year in which God forced me to learn patience. Something I've needed to learn for many years. I just wish it hadn't taken such extreme circumstances...

So, 2011. This year I am contractually obliged to be in Texas for over 11/12ths of you. Hence my resolutions are (in no particular order of importance):

1) To be a better cook.
2) To start a garden with my roommates.
3) To have better self control.
4) To remember my friends' birthdays, and maybe even send cards.
5) To figure out how to hand sew a corset.
6) To get my second tattoo.

An eclectic list, yes. I'm not even sure it will make me a better person. But I'm pretty sure I will enjoy having/doing everything on it :)

And by God's grace, He will teach me as much in 2011 as he did in 2010.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

mmm yes, a worthy list my dear :) and I'd say hand-stitching a corset will definitely make you a better person. ;-D seriously, though...