01 January 2009

Hollywood

Despite the fact that there is no official town of Hollywood, I did spend the entire day of December 30th downtown Hollywood. Without going into a rant about the superficial, materialistic, creepy atmosphere of this famous part of our country, I will just say it is not a place I would want to live. All the shops on Hollywood Blvd. had bars on the front, there are homeless people sleeping on the walk of fame (which is swept and polished by hand), and the famous Santa Monica Blvd. when walked at 8:30 in the morning couldn't be distinguished from any other inner city where a girl shouldn't be walking alone.

Ok, I'm done now. On to the cool parts.

I found out Will Smith and George Clooney have bigger feet than me, but Johnny Depp and I have the same size hands and feet. Though words of wisdom, if you want to explore around Graumann's Chinese Theatre, go before 10 a.m., otherwise there will be too many people to see anything.


There are people who hang out on Hollywood and Highland dressed up as famous movie characters. I saw Optimus Prime, Captain America, Wonderwoman, the Watchmen, Tinkerbell, Jack Sparrow, the Joker, Catwoman, Charlie Chaplain, and Spiderman. Yes, it was the Spiderman you see in Italian Job! He was wearing a fanny pack... I laughed.

The Hollywood Highland Mall is huge (5 stories) with an open courtyard containing a really cool fountain and mosaic quotes on the ground. The stores are incredibly high class (with prices to match), but fun to walk around in and pretend you're rich.


I wore my WWF shirt and a dude walked past me and yelled, "Save the pandas!"

There are three theaters just in the Hollywood Highland intersection area. I went to the Mann Chinese 6 theatre inside the mall and watched 'Marley & Me'. I was one of the only people there... which is good because that movie made me cry, just like the book did :P

The Borders Books on the corner of Sunset and Vine is huge, and wonderful. I spent about 4 hours inside after it got dark out, writing on my laptop and reading. Quite pleasant, and interesting to watch people go by.

Before Rosalie picked me up, I did a little waltzing by myself on the walk of fame.

Personal Favorite :)

1 comment:

Snook said...

Ah, yes, Hollywood. I very much agree with that first paragraph of yours from what I remember.

Looks like you enjoyed yourself though :)