09 March 2009

The real world....

So I applied to 6 jobs in January and today I got my 6th rejection. It's a little disheartening. I wish those people could know me and know just how strong my desire to work with birds really is. Or know how strong of a work-ethic I have been gifted with. Or know that when I don't have homework and am doing what I want to do, I will work as hard as I possibly can. Granted, I don't have loads of experience, but I can learn; and I can learn fast!

God gave me these desires for a reason, and He'll give me the job that best suits them. Or maybe he wants me to have a crummy job that will allow me to meet someone that really needs His help. God knows.

I even looked the AZA website today and found a few positions that I can apply for. It was a weird and kinda bad deja vu from last summer... but I did find an internship with CRES working with endangered Hawaiian birds. If I could get that job, and get connections with CRES, it would be the closest thing to heaven on earth... at least for this girl... and at least work-wise...

Onwards and upwards

p.s. have I mentioned how endangered endemic island birds rock my world?

Amakihi

Kea

New Caledonian Kagu

Kakapo

No comments: