04 June 2009

Melissa inspires me. She has decided that everyday this summer she will think of something that she knows nothing about and research it. Thus far she has told me about Cambodia and Pakistan. I have decided to do something similar, but instead research different animal species. Today's animal was a tapir:

A group of tapirs is called a candle.

There are 4 species and they are all endangered.

And there are wooly tapirs (they live in the Andes Mountains).

Baby wooly tapir: I wants!

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

Ohhh--so cute! Candle--magnificent! This also reminds me of my 8 year old cousin who was here yesterday. He has a book about snakes AND a photographic memory (according to his mother, anyway--that might not be a very scientific source). Anyway, he quotes allllll kinds of things about alllllll kinds of different snakes--it's incredible! It's amazing! It's wonderful! He's going into 3rd grade--do you suppose my practicum teacher will let him be a guest speaker in her 2nd grade classroom?...:D