17 June 2009

Travels

I left home at 3:00 a.m. and got to Hawai'i at 6:50 p.m... and there's a 3 hour time change. So how long I traveled and how much time I lost... I'm not actually sure. Thanks a lot jet lag :P I did manage to talk to one person, on one of my flights, but that's only because he started the conversation. The five girls (4 interns, one seasonal biologist) who picked me up are really nice, but I'm afraid I was so tired I kinda ate dinner and went grocery shopping in zombie mode. The house I'll be living in is pretty nice too, though I get the feeling that clean kitchens are my Achilles heel. Oh well. My bed rocks (which, coming from me, means a heck of a lot). That is to say, I slept well, and it's almost as comfortable as my old bed. Though the time change made me wide awake at 5:30 a.m.... a blessing in disguise it turns out, since that's when I'll have to be getting up every morning.

I'll be cleaning up and organizing this morning (and kicking myself for forgetting my hairbrush) and then going through orientation and paperwork. I get three weeks of training (woot for being thorough) and internet only in one of the building's libraries. I think Artemis will be living here from now on. So yeah, that's about it; it's nice, it's good.... I'm lonely :( Anyway, pictures coming soon.

3 comments:

patti said...

So good to hear from you my dear! I can imagine you are a bit lonely, I sure would be! You'll be fine after you settle in and make new friends. Hugs to you and take good care of yourself!!

Calamity Colleen said...

WE LOVE YOU!

Julie Ann said...

I'm glad to hear you made it safely my dear. I know that Alana already told you, but I'm sent you hugs! Between the travel time and the time difference, they should be getting there by about 7pm tonight, your time. :) Sleep well tonight!