10 January 2010

Funny Thing About That...

Soooo...

I was miserable last night because things weren't getting done fast enough up at the house. Daddy comes home in 10 days, and the amount of work that needs to be done is/was overwhelming. Beth prayed for Alana and I, and among many things, she asked Him that He would use the church as his hands and feet. She then told me that if God wanted the ceiling done, he would get it done, I just needed faith. I told her that I really doubt it. She looked scandalized (I love you, Beth, you make me laugh). About a half hour later we got a call from Phil saying that he was getting together a group of guys to come help us sand and put up the ceiling... and then Mom and Dad's pastor called and had gotten together a group of people to come over and sand and clean.

Long story short, we had about 20 or 30 people in the house today, got all the drywall sanded, both bathrooms grouted, the walls were taped for painting, and half the ceiling was put up. One more long day should see the ceiling finished.

Oh Lord, I'm sorry for being a doubting Thomas. Thank you for proving yourself to me, yet again.

2 comments:

Guinevere said...

Ha-lle-lu-jah,hallelujah, ha-lle-lu-jah, ha-lle-lu-jah, ha-lle-lu-jah, ha-lle-lujah:)

It's a song, but it doesn't look quite right without the music. Nevertheless, God is awesome. We fail him so much, and he never fails us--not even out of spite saying, "What goes around comes around/They deserve it." How amazing is that?

Guinevere said...

P.S. Thank you for faithfully posting truth, that we, too, may more clearly see the infallible love, power, and wisdom of God shining through the lives of his children.