14 June 2010

Life Amuses Me

I have these great aspirations to be a great blogger, and have lots of people being entertained by my writing skills... yeah... ha... it seems all I can do well is listing, so here goes:

~I got the morning feeding off this morning; my goodness, is sleeping in nice!! Though apparently my computer skills were needed at 6:30 am... oops?
~We got a new set of twin fawns yesterday that are the tiniest ruminants I've ever seen! I can put my hands around little Wren and engulf her body!
~I'm trying to design a t-shirt for Father's Heart and my creative juices are dripping... at best.
~I like being organized, it helps everything go smoothly
~I'm glad that I am developing antibodies against homesickness
~It's a weird experience (for me) to have more animal experience than my co-workers. The new intern has had a dog, and that's it!
~The Machens are going to let me go to church on Sunday mornings. I love these people!
~Any feedback on my most recent crazy idea of going back to school to become a certified veterinary technician? There's a good school in San Antonio, and it takes 2 years...
~Have you ever had the privilege of being in a situation that you always told yourself that you wouldn't let yourself end up in?
~I like a young man who is not a Christian, and he likes me (I won't let it go further than that, but it's still an unusual situation. I really don't want to hurt him, I've been praying for two years that he would encounter God, I've talked more about religion with him than with anyone else... *sigh* still can't figure out why he likes me)
~I bought myself a cowboy hat the other day, and I love it!
~My next investment is probably going to be cowboy boots :P
~I love listening to Pomplamoose, you should check 'em out http://www.myspace.com/pomplamoosemusic or check youtube, their videos are wonderful too :)
~I've been listening to Mark Driscoll's sermons on prayer, and they're rather convicting...
~I wish I was better at keeping up with people, why is that always so hard in the summertime?
~My mind is kinda spastic, my life is kinda messy, but I'm happy

~God is still bigger :)

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

-Who knows? Maybe listing will become the new vogue in writing, in this busy, busy world:) At any rate, it is an effective means of communications, and both you and Colleen do it beautifully:)

-Your fawn stories are soooo great! I love them:)

-YAYYYYYY for church! "These people" have my stamp of thorough approval:), because it's important that you get to go to church. Really, really important.

-Hey, have I ever argued with any of your ideas? Sounds like a good one to me:). And two years is really not bad at all.

-Boys...wish there was an expert on them somewhere--one that would give lots of free advice. I guess that's God, but his advice in that realm could be more frequent and explicit, I sometimes feel...

-Cowboy hat = excellent. Boots, too:).

-I hear Mark Driscoll is good, and I should really check his sermons out.

-Keeping up, in regard to me: You read my blog, I'll read yours, and we'll both leave comments--deal? :)

-God IS still bigger--THANK GOD!!!!!!! He kind of rocks:)

-Love you a thousand monarch butterflies!