19 September 2010

The Next Step

I gots me a job.

A job for a whole year. A job with a dress code (hrm...). A job as an apprentice instead of an intern. A job at one of the nation's biggest wildlife rehab facilities: Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation Inc. http://www.wildlife-rescue.org/

I do believe I am equal parts stoked, scared, and sad.

Stoked because... well, wildlife rehab, if you know me at all, you know how much I love to help animals :D And just thinking about the amount of animals and the diversity of animals that come to WRR... eeeee!!!

Scared because I don't know who I'll be living with, if they'll be even close to as nice as the Machens, if I can handle the work load, if I'm smart enough or fast enough, if I want to get my rabies pre exposure vaccine, if I can handle not going to church for a year (unless a miracle occurs), if I'll fit in... ever... *sigh* so many ifs in life, you'd think I'd be used to pushing them away and just going for it.

Sad because... I'm gonna miss my Washington/Oregon family. I have 10 total days of vacation/sick time, so I don't see coming home as an option.

That said, praise God, He knows what's best for all of us, and it would seem staying in Tejas for a whole 'nother year making animals feel better is what's best :) And despite the fact that I botched my interview, apparently they think I'm qualified, so I ain't gonna argue.

*gulp* Adventures ahoy!

1 comment:

patti said...

Love you Em and ever proud to call you my niece!!