14 November 2010

Numero Cuatro

I'm thankful for deer.

And for more reasons than you may think.

I didn't realize until after the fact, that this summer spent working with deer kind of brought me back from the brink of a mental breakdown. Raising the fawns, helping them to grow, and get better when they were sick was stressful for my body, but relaxing for my soul. I now truly believe that my life is so much better when I have animals to take care of.

Deer are also remarkably cute, and so much fun to be around. And if you feed the fawns, they adore you.

(Deer also make good eating, but you didn't hear that from me)

I think this should be my Christmas card...

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

YES! to the Christmas card part:). And the rest. People can learn so much about God and love from animals. It is truly amazing.