09 February 2011

4 Things

*With wind-chill tonight the temperatures will be in the single digits, possibly the negatives. Yay for 2:00 a.m. heat rounds! I will not complain, I will not complain, I will not complain...

*No matter how old I get, or how many group living situations I end up in, dirty dishes sitting in the sink for days will always make me slightly insane. *sigh* Is it really so hard to wash a dish or two?

*I got a pattern in the mail today, to make a late Victorian corset (original pattern is from 1881, only modified slightly). I may have to mail order most of the supplies for it, but I'm pretty excited to see if I can do this :) Any suggestions on fabric type/color?

*I read a really good verse (1 Peter 2:17) today that kind of sums up what we, as Christians, should be like.

Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

I feel as if this should cut to the heart, all of the Christians who criticize and unashamedly bash those people who don't believe as we do. Jesus never forced anyone to believe, He merely gave them the truth and left it at that. We are responsible for no more than that, we speak the truth, it is the listener's choice whether or not to accept it. He didn't protest, shun, or cast the first stone. Only once did he get really angry, and that anger was towards the people who claimed to be working for God in the temple. How can Christians really think that they are doing Jesus a favor when they picket against gays, bash liberals (or extreme conservatives, etc.), or shout at people that they are going to hell. Does that really show love? Just food for thought...

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I've been thinking a lot about your 4th point lately. This made me think a bit this morning: http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/confronting-life/

I don't agree with everything. I don't disagree with everything. Its an interesting perspective though. Love you hun :)