23 November 2011

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving is today. Wow.
It's shaping up to be a good one :)
I have the day off (yay!) so I get to make the turkey and gravy and pies.
Funny thing is, being a (mostly) vegetarian for several years, means that I don't really know much about cooking meat... at least not an entire bird.
I was putting our turkeys and roosters to bed last night, and told Pew Pew (our sweet de-beaked turkey) that I was eating his cousin tomorrow. And then I felt bad...
(Apparently I like parenthesis today)


I was reading old blogs the other day and found my string of Thankful For... blogs. I wish I'd remembered that sooner! But oh well, I guess a thankful list will have to do.

*ahem*

I am thankful for:
*The good timing of Thanksgiving this year, I've been whining a lot
*Work, because of how much it has taught me
*A crazy cool job
*My bed, because crazy cool job makes me crazy tired
*Friends who keep in touch
*Friends who don't
*Friends who let me borrow their cars when living in the middle of nowhere
*Fletcher, even when he's cranky, he's always up for a cuddle
*Hot chocolate with Irish Cream
*A computer that has a power cable with no cuts or chew marks
*Delicious food, and the ability to cook and bake
*My cellphone, so I can talk to people who I can't see
*Pipe cleaners, mainly because they make Fletcher uber happy, which makes me laugh
*The ability to sew, because little stuffed animals make people happy
*Cleaning supplies, they're good for OCD people like me
*Music that fits every mood (yay Pandora!)
*My Little Ponies, because they've made my year just that much better
*Good movies and good books in which to escape from reality
*The ability to wrangle raccoons, squirrels, skunks, emus, sheep, goats, raptors, giant tortoises, snakes, nutrias, deer, porcupines, and opossums. Not too many people can claim that :)
*My camera that captures so many good memories
*A God who sacrificed everything in order to bring me forgiveness
*A God who I can talk to as a friend and a savior
*The hope that someday all wrongs will be rightened, and every tear will be wiped away
*The hope that one day death will be swallowed up in victory

Happy Thanksgiving y'all :)


No comments: