25 December 2010

Happy Christmas


5:00 Making eggs benedict for my roommate and me
(5:30ish Opening some of my Christmas presents)
6:00 Cleaning, feeding, weighing a persnickety little eared grebe
7:00 Force feeding an angry screech owl who I have named Mr. Cranky Pants
8:00 Getting run into and jumped over by a super stressed whitetail deer
9:00 Giving oral medication to a raccoon who really didn't want to take it
(9:20ish Yelling at an emu trying to eat the raccoon's food)
10:00 Cleaning the kennel of a very sick grey fox
11:00 Giving IV fluids and cleaning out a massive s
tomach wound on a very friendly cat
12:00 Rushing through lunch and finding my notes on whitetail deer medication
1:00 Cleaning the office and sweeping the dried mud off the walk ways around the clinic
2:00 Feeding an annoyed bobcat kitten
2:30 Checking to make sure the interns did their jobs properly
3:00 Wrangling a raccoon into a kennel so he can be released
3:30 Done with work, and heading home to call the family
5:00 Listening to Christmas music and thinking about making chili and cornbread

It's been one of my more unusual Christmas days, but it's been a joyful one (and a cold one! Yay!). I got to wear my pom pom hat and walked a
round humming Christmas carols all day :) And despite the fact that I'm far away from the familiar, it doesn't make the whole idea of Christmas any less convicting. If anything it makes it more incredible to me.

Thank you Jesus, thank you so very much. I love you, and Happy Birthday :)


No comments: