08 December 2010

It is what it is

Well, I'm back in Texas, and I've been here for almost 4 days now.


The people seem quite nice already. We had a staff party last night and ended up watching the Muppet Christmas Carol and Dr. Horrible. Promising.


There are black-headed vultures that just wander the WRR grounds, looking for scraps. Which means they end up inside the Nutrition Center, just hopping around and begging. Pretty darn cute :)


I am destined to become a crazy animal lady. Good evidence tonight involved me laying in bed, snuggling with 2 purring cats.


I'm becoming apathetic about a lot of things. Not good! I'm only 23 for pete's sake.


I've discovered that when you leave all the people you care about, knowing that it will be for an entire year, it makes you miss them 10x more than you expected to.


Turns out, I can be a shameless flirt when I'm around Lee... and it's fun! Maybe not the best idea in the world, but I don't regret it. Plus, he gives phenomenal hugs.


Growing up in a Christian home, with only Christian friends was great, but it makes me sad that it wasn't until recently that I realized just how heartbreaking it is to love someone who does not love Jesus.


I suck at coming up with ideas of what to cook for dinner. Cooking for one is not easy!


Using my quilt is quite satisfying, and it's nice and warm :)


Eye-shine is crazy cool. And also a little bit creepy at night when being stalked by a ninja cat.


I'm so very thankful for Tillamook cheese.


Christmas music rocks my socks. Makes me think that I should maybe send out Christmas cards or something.


I'm back to making lists again, surprise surprise.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I hear ya on the growing up in a christian home thing...yay ninja cats :)