29 December 2010

Noteworthy

*This 'weekend' was a fun one, and a spontaneous one. I enjoyed that. Brandi, Kalley, and I couldn't figure out what to do, so we went to Goodwill in New Braunfels, Target and World Market in San Antonio, experience IHOP for the first time, and ended up seeing a movie.

*The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is worth the trip (from where ever you might be). It's set up like a theater, but it's also a restaurant and you can order food and drinks throughout the movie. Such a cool idea!

*The Voyage of the Dawn Treader made for a good movie, but it made a mess of the book. Sad day! Though both are wonderful in their own right, just don't try and compare them too much.

*One of my housemates (Lindsey) is as much of a neat freak as I am. Oh the joy :) We cleaned the trailer today, and it looks so much better.

*My housemate, Robin, doesn't shave her legs either. It's kind of crazy how well I fit in here...

*I bought a tea kettle yesterday. It's small and black and nothing special, but it beats the microwave by a mile. And next time I'm feeling rich, I'm totally going to order the giraffe tea kettle on Amazon. So cute!

*Speaking of cute, we have a fennec fox here at WRR who is an ex-pet, but still whines and wants his belly rubbed. Honestly, he is one of the cutest animals I've ever seen... and coming from me, that means quite a bit.

*My roommate Jennifer adopted a dog last week. He's super cute (a basenji mix), but remarkably needy and whiney! He feels the need to be close to you at all times, and is not satisfied sitting next to you, he must be sitting on you. Orion doesn't really live up to his name...

*Had an interesting conversation yesterday about cleaning up your friends on facebook. Apparently I am friends with someone because I'm his unicorn... or more specifically because "You are the girl I want, but know I don't deserve and the having of would ruin probably both of our years, and likely longer in your case." *sigh*

*Going outside in the pre-dawn light and hearing the wolves howling, the lions roaring, and the roosters crowing, and then coming inside to feed the birds, raccoons, opossums, squirrels, etc. makes me realize that I have a pretty darn cool job.

*I'm becoming a lotion addict. Washing your hands a few dozen times a day with dish soap will do that to you.

*I guess that's about it. Here's hoping I can go to Austin for New Years eve! Which reminds me, I need to post my year in review. It's so very long this year...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

you're his unicorn? *tries not to laugh*

Em said...

Yeah... I thought it was kind of sweet though