26 November 2009

70 degrees, sunny, green, and a light breeze coming in the door... somehow, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving Day. I wish I were home in cold, slushy Pullman, hanging with the family (and Miaya) and making our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I miss that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Christmas... oh well, be thankful for all things, because in some way or another, they remind us of God and his saving grace.

Okay, and now for that wonderful list of the many things that I am thankful for (in no particular order, and I'm probably forgetting a few)...

*Living on Maui, because it's pretty
*New friends to celebrate with
*Old friends who don't apply 'Out of sight, out of mind'
*And for those who do
*Family that calls and puts me on speaker phone
*Loneliness, because it makes me pray and be more social
*Flannel sheets
*Cute animals, and even the not so cute ones
*Cellphones to call and text people 3000 miles away
*A God who is always bigger than I can imagine, who loves me even when I'm not in a good mood
*My Bible, because it reminds me what I believe and why
*Music, to dance to, to sing to, and to make me think
*Good books, because getting lost in another world is a beautiful thing
*The ability to write epic things, and create pretty things
*Pencils and paper
*Good food, with flavor
*Especially cheese
*And spinach
*And Tetley
*And pie, I like pie :)
*The internet, it's a wonderful thing
*My trusty computer that has never let me down
*Puns and sarcasm
*Money, it comes in handy
*Nature, because it's just beautiful and reveals God
*Airplanes, because they get me where I want to go
*Cars too
*Pain, because it reminds me that I have a functioning nervous system
*Cameras, because they remind me of things that I would otherwise forget
*Maps, because they're fun, and useful
*Cookbooks and recipes, which I would be lost without
*Waterbottles
*Couches (and the cuddle puddles that occur on them)
*Clean clothes, and a dryer to make jeans fit
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*So many more, but I have to get going and enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner, so you're welcome to fill in the blanks :)

Rejoice always,
pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks; for this
is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you

1 Thessalonians 5:4

1 comment:

Sharon Lei said...

Love all the things that you are thankful for.. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.. Just came across your lovely blog today. I'm from Lahaina. :)

Take Care and God Bless.

This is what I've been meditating on today... "The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God cannot protect you..."