15 November 2009

New Favorites

1) I found a wonderful blog recently called Kiss My Spatula which has a plethora of lovely pictures and tasty recipes. The recipe for hummus is particularly delectable (and easy) and with it I created a wonderful sandwich (and yes, it is a knock off from the Green Frog's 'Palouse')

For the hummus, put the following ingredients in a food processor and process:
1 can of garbanzo beans (garbanzo = splendid word)
3 T olive oil
3 cloves of garlic (peeled, of course)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp tumeric
2-3 T lemon juice (or more)
Salt, pepper, parsley, and cayenne pepper to taste :)

For the sandwich:
Spread one side with cream cheese and the other with hummus
Sandwich in the middle: spinach, radish sprouts, tomato, cheddar cheese, and sliced olives.


That is all, and it made me happy, so I thought I would share.


2) This is a hibiscus in my yard, and it does not relate to anything mentioned above except that, it too, made me happy.

3) Psalm 51 is beautiful. I had forgotten.

4) God is bigger, always, even when I doubt

1 comment:

Sharon Lei said...

That hummus recipe sounds delish! Yum.