29 November 2009

A nice warm cup of tetley on my desk
Pumpkin spice candle lit and making my room smell yummy
Christmas music playing quietly
'I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...
A beautiful rainstorm pounding on the roof
Rain pouring off the hapu'u ferns outside my window
Contemplating forgiveness, bitterness, and singleness

I think that if I could actually figure out how to truly forgive people, I might have an easier time understanding how God could possibly forgive me.

I don't want to be bitter, or cynical for that matter, but it's coming easier and easier to me each time another good friends starts dating or gets engaged.

In my close circle, there aren't a lot of single ladies left, and for some twisted reason, that makes me sad.

I try to believe that being single gives me the chance to please God, and God only. It works, most of the time. But the other part of the time I'm just lonely. And the smidgen of time left, I'm just freaked out and don't know what I want.

I sometimes wish things would just stay the same, but they're changing so quickly it makes my head spin.

God, I need your grace so that I can give it. You were hurt more than I could ever be, and yet you still overflowed with mercy and grace; let me mimic you. Let me rejoice with those who rejoice.

I think it's now time for Muse.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I know what you mean about bitter little thoughts. They catch me too - at the times when I thought I had it all together.

Life stages keep rolling on by and sometimes we get to watch. Someday you're going to be the one swept off and we'll all be watching :)

I love you and if you ever need single lady time you let me know. we could synchronize our watches.