22 November 2009

A Joy, Inexplicable

I just (read: last night before going to sleep) realized that I've been living for the future. Waiting until I am smarter, more experienced, have a better job, different co-workers, etc. until I give God my all. I realized that subconsciously I've been thinking that if I only make it to some specific, unknown, point in life, THEN I'll be a witness for Jesus.

I asked myself if there is any reason why I'm not following my own mantra: "whatever you find to do, do it well, as if doing it for the Lord." Why I'm not loving everyone I meet with a joy that isn't of this world and isn't based on circumstances. Why I'm not shining, making them wonder what I've got. Turns out, I didn't have a good answer for myself.

A very wise turtle (:P) once said, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present.

As cliche as it sounds; carpe diem!

(and yes, I'm writing this down so that I will not forget)

No comments: