21 November 2009

Inner Dialogue

Head: I've been treading water for so long now...
Heart: Then swim!
Head: I don't know how to anymore.
Head: I'm not sure that I ever did...
Heart: Yes you did, you still know how
Head: Apathy is a strong force, so strong in fact, that it would let me drown
Heart: Then fight it!
Head: I don't care enough to fight, it's easier to just exist
Heart: Is that all you want? To just exist?
Head: ...no, I hate it
Heart: Remind me why you aren't swimming forward?
Head: I can't make myself care unless I've got someone poking and prodding me...
Holy Spirit: Be hot, or be cold, do not be lukewarm, or I will spit you out
Head: Hello?
Heart: Finally!
Holy Spirit: The Spirit and the old self are always at war, so that often you do not do what you want to do, and what you want to do, you do not do
Head: Then why bother?
Holy Spirit: Because eternity hangs in the balance. You are a world at war, the side which is fed will triumph
Heart: Apathy muffles the Spirit
Head: I've noticed
Holy Spirit: Friendship towards the world is enmity towards God. You cannot have both
Head: ...I guess that's what my apathy has lead me towards
Heart: So about that swimming...
Head: Please help me, Holy Spirit?
Holy Spirit: Of course, that's why I'm here
Jesus: Don't forget, the world hated me first. And when I died, I died for all your sins, not just a few. I'm bigger than that.
Head: I guess 'thank you' and 'I'm sorry' don't even begin to cover it...
Jesus: Remember, I was human once too; it will do. I love you.
Head: I love you too.
Holy Spirit: Let's take this one stroke at a time, shall we?
Heart: *phew*

No comments: