08 February 2009

Extraordinary?

In church today the sermon involved the Holy Spirit coming upon people in extraordinary ways. That said, I had an epiphany which was somewhat unrelated.

A lot of people lately have been telling me that I'm cool, or spunky, or amazing, or smart, etc. Not gonna lie, I tend to not believe it. But during the sermon today I realized that I am actually a rather extraordinary person. Don't take this the wrong way, I haven't suddenly become a narcissist, I've just realized that God has given me a lot of random and rather unique gifts, especially within my circle of Christian friends.

That said, God has made me amazing, but without Him, it means absolutely, positively, zip zero, nada, nothing. I need to use my gifts to serve Him and others in amazing ways, and in areas that are often not given much attention by Christians. Like my major.

So yeah, I don't usually know what to do with myself, but that's okay, because I am not my own, I have been bought with a price.