19 February 2009

My boys

A couple years back a friend described the UCB boys as "our boys" and on many occasions "my boys". For some reason this irked me greatly. But just recently I've realized that that term is kind of appropriate in my life right now.

I define my boys as the ones that I can see as my brothers in Christ.
The ones who aren't afraid to hug me when I'm having a bad day.
The ones who know how to tease me correctly.
The ones who will walk me home (if I ask).
The ones that are considerate of my feelings.
The ones who aren't afraid to tell me if I look nice.
The ones who make brownies.
The ones who would protect me if I need protection.
The ones who restore my faith in the male half of humanity on a daily basis.
The ones that I can see are becoming gentlemen, and are genuinely striving after our God, despite the failures and struggles.
It's quite inspiring.
They're my boys, they're my brothers.
I love them.

Some are single, some are taken, heck, one of them likes me, but no matter their connections they remain my brothers, first and foremost in my mind. So thanks, boys. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

how true :)

well said m'dear

throughWaters said...

It's mighty kind of you to put words to this. Whomever those boys may be, they'd feel mighty special if they read this ;~)