16 February 2009

Silly girl

Yes, I am a silly girl. I like boys, probably too much for my own good. And for some reason that's where all my conversations with my girl friends have ended up lately. I wish sometimes (often times) that God would make it obvious that He has gifted me with singleness, and then I can roll up my jean legs, kick off the shoes, and run through the fields, focusing on God and what he has for me to do.

But that's not what God has given me.

I know that I have been given a great capacity to love, and especially when I have come close to "being in a relationship" this becomes even more obvious. If I ever find the right guy, I know that I will hold on to him (often literally, I'm sure :P) and love and respect him until death does us part.

I want to be loved, cherished, and pushed into corners and kissed like there's no tomorrow. *sigh*. Yep, I'm a hopeless romantic, and that's all there is to it. Sorry if that was too much information, but it's been on my mind a lot lately. And I know that in this state it's more important than ever to take every thought captive (thanks for reminding me of that, Brooke), so that I can wait on God's timing, believing that He knows who is best for me, and also when is best for the both of us, whoever he is.

Protecting hearts = a very good thing!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

scandal...but I do so appreciate your honesty :)

Calamity Colleen said...

Adding to the scandal, I think I know how you feel.
Becoming a nun seems like such a good option. Do you want to convert to catholisism with me? :)