02 February 2009

This morning dew called life

I prayed yesterday morning (after waking up at 11:00 a.m. oops) and found the song "I Surrender All." I guess I had never actually read the words to that song, because they made me cry when I realized I cling to sooo much of my life. I was called a planner a few weeks ago, and I realized how true that is. If things don't go the way I plan, I whine or get mad. I am such a twit.

I wish that I could control how my graduate school application is reviewed, and make the university accept me into their program. But I can't.

I wish I could control my emotions, and make things work out with certain people, because they really are wonderful. But I can't.

I wish I could be disciplined and self controlled, and beat those perpetual sins into the mud beneath my feet. But I can't.

I wish I could make things work out between all my friends so they stop hurting. But I can't.

I wish that I could control how my job applications are reviewed, and make people give me the job I want. But I can't.

I wish I could control my life. BUT I CAN'T.

*sigh*

In a sense I am trying to do God's job, and when a person does that they are ALWAYS bound for failure. So why do I try? I wish I knew. What I do know is that it needs to stop.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me Jesus, take me now.
I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.